Author: Alexa Schirm
- 2½ cups tart cherries, pitted and separated
- 2 cans coconut milk (2 cups heavy whipping cream + 1 cup whole milk)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder (**only if using coconut milk)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In a food processor add 1½ cups pitted cherries.
- Puree until smooth.
- To a medium saucepan, add coconut milk, arrowroot powder, coconut sugar, salt and pureed cherries.
- Heat until just combined. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and place in a glass bowl in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled add to ice cream maker and turn on.
- Mix until milk shake consistency, turn off and add in 1 cup thinly sliced tart cherries, white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Continue mixing until ice cream is finished.
- Remove and eat or place in a loaf pan and freeze until ready to use.
This recipe originally appeared at Simple Route Wellness.