Author: Jordan LaCount
Recipe Type: Ice Cream, Dessert
Serves: 1 quart
- 8 OZ Goat Cheese, at room temperature
- 2 CUPS Heavy Cream
- 2 CUPS Whole Milk
- ¾ CUP Sugar
- ? CUP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 2 OZ Milk Chocolate, chopped
- Don’t forget! Throw the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer the day before to make sure it’s fully frozen!
- Place goat cheese on the counter for an hour or two to soften to room temperature.
- Using an electric beater, whisk the goat cheese until it’s creamy (a minute or two).
- Over medium heat, combine heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and maple syrup in a large sauce pan.
- Whisk constantly until sugar has dissolved and all is combined.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low.
- Add chopped milk chocolate, whisk, and remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over goat cheese and whisk until goat cheese is completely melted into the mix.
- Place in fridge for two-three hours to cool.
- When cooled, churn in ice cream maker, according to manufacturers directions (mine took about 20 minutes).
- Scoop into freezer-safe container and freeze for an additional 4-6 hours.
This recipe originally appeared at Honest Cooking.