Banana Caramel Crunch – No Machine Ice Cream
For Ice cream:
- Heavy Cream – 1 Cup
- Milk Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Condensed Milk – 1/3 Cup
- Vanilla Bean Paste – 1 tsp
For Caramel Sauce:
- Sugar – 1/4 Cup
- Heavy Cream – 1/2 Cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
For Assembling the desert:
- Banana – 1 no (1/2 banana per serving) (mash just before serving)
- Toasted Almonds – 1/4 Cup (use 2 Tbsp per serving)
- Caramel Sauce
- Ice Cream
- Into a clean deep bowl add in cream, milk powder, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla bean paste and beat till the mixture becomes thick.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer proof container and freeze for 8 hrs or overnight.
- Meanwhile prepare the caramel sauce.
- For making Caramel Sauce, take a wide pan add in the sugar.
- Heat it on medium and let the sugar melt.
- Once the sugar melts give another few secs, to reach deep golden caramel color.
- At this point add in butter and heavy cream. Stir in with the caramel and continue to heat till it becomes lump free.
- Transfer the caramel sauce into a bowl and stir in vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Caramel Sauce is ready. You can use it immediately or store in any glass jar for couple of weeks in the refrigerator.
- When the Ice Cream is set, remove from the freezer and scoop into the serving bowls.
- Top it with chopped toasted almonds, half of mashed banana and couple of tea spoons of caramel sauce.
Watch Step by Step of making this yummy dessert:
This recipe originally appeared at Sruthi’s Kitchen.