Pretty in Pink Wild Pansy Popsicles (vegan, no added sugar, raw)
Det skal du bruge (What you need)
- 1 pound of RIPE bananas (frozen or refrigerated depending on your method)
- 1 small beetroot the equivalent of a handful shredded or 1-2 tsp beetroot juice
- 12 Wild pansy flower heads, w/o pesticides
- CHOCOLATE COATING
- 2 tbs (or 30 ml) coconut oil (or cocoa butter. Use cold pressed if you want them raw)
- 2 tbs (or 30 ml) cocoa powder use raw if wanted.
- 2 tsp (or 10 ml) agave syrup
Sådan gør du (How to do it)
- Shred and press the beetroot, to get some juice. You only need 1-2 tsp.
- Make sure there’s room in the freezer for the molds so you can put them in as fast as possible.
- Remove the flower heads and place them upside down in the bottom of the moulds. Place them a little below the center in order to make room for moore chocolate coating.
- Start by pouring the icecream on top of the flower to hold it in place. Fill the rest of the mould. Drop the mould on the counter from about 5″ height to get rid of bubbles of air.
- Remember to put in the sticks! (Speaking from experience, here…)
- Place them in the freezer.
- After about 6 hours the popsicles should be ready to handle. BUt if you have the time, leave them over night. Melt the coconut oil gently untill just liquid mix with agave. Sift your cocoa into a little bowl and stir the oil/agave mix in a little at a time until it’s all integrated. Pour it into a narrow, tiny bowl, that will you to dip the popsicles in it.
- Get your zip lock bag or parchment paper ready for wrapping the posicles once dipped.
- Take out one mold at a time from the freezer. Run some luke warm water on the back of the mold for 30 seconds and gently loosen the popsicles.
- Dip each popsicle, twice if you like. Let the chocolate harden while you hold it and then quickly wrap it.
- Put them in the freezer and continue with the rest of the popsicles.
This recipe originally appeared at Plant Pusherne.