- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 C. Water
- 4 C. Cantaloupe, cubed & chilled
- Juice of 1 small Lemon
- Make a simple syrup by placing the water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to completely dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, place in a airtight container, and refrigerate until cold.
- Place the chilled cantaloupe cubes, cold simple syrup, and lemon juice in a blender. Puree until very smooth.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
- When thick and frozen, scoop into a container and freeze until firm.
- Let sit out for 5 minutes before scooping.
This recipe originally appeared at The Kitchen McCabe.