Tart Cherry Sorbet
- 4 cups pitted tart cherries
- 6 tbsp agave nectar, date paste, honey, or maple syrup (agave & date paste are more neutral tasting), or less is using sweet cherries
- 1½ tsp fresh orange zest (about ½ the orange)
- 1½ tbsp fresh orange juice
- ⅛-1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of fresh ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender, like a Vitamix.
- Add to an ice cream maker, and process until sorbet thickens.
- Remove from ice cream maker, and place into a freezer-safe container to harden
- Serve in scoops along side a
- chocolate ganache torte, or on top of my orange coconut tartlets.
- To assemble tartlets, use a small ice cream scoop or melon baller and place on top of frozen tartlet shells. Refreeze together until ready to serve. Do assembly day of serving, but each part can be made ahead.
This recipe originally appeared at Garden Fresh Foodie.