- 2 – 3 peaches
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cans (800 ml) coconut milk
- 4 Earl Grey tea bags
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- needed: ice cream machine, blender
The night ahead:
Don’t forget to place your ice cream maker in the freezer!
1. Preheat the grill of your oven to 200°C. Half and pit the peaches. Place them cut-side down in an ovenproof dish. Glaze with coconut oil and maple syrup. Slip them in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes until they are soft and lightly roasted on top. Set aside to cool.
2. Mix the arrowroot powder with 2 – 3 tbsp of the coconut milk. Set aside.
3. Put the rest of the coconut milk in a saucepan with the Earl Grey tea bags and bring to a boil. When it’s boiling take off the heat and let the mixture infuse for about 15 – 20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, put your roast peach in a blender and purée to fine consistency. Set aside.
5. Remove the teabags from the coconut milk, bring to a boil again. Add the maple syrup, vanilla and ultimately the arrowroot mixture. Keep stirring for 1 – 2 minutes whilst simmering. Take off the heat and let the mixture cool down completely.
6. Take your ice cream maker out of the freezer and set up your ice cream machine according to instructions. Pour the earl grey mixture into your machine and let it churn for about 30 minutes. By then your ice crem should resemble a soft serve consistency. Scoop in the roast peach purée, reserving 2 – 3 tbsp.
7. Scoop the ice cream into a freezer-friendly bowl. Drizzle with the remaining roast peach purée, give it a little swirl if you want before chucking the whole thing in the freezer once more for 2 – 3 hours. Take out 5 – 10 minutes prior to serving.
This recipe originally appeared at http://www.kitchenhoopla.com/new-blog/2015/8/5/earl-grey-roast-peach-ice-cream-vegan.