Passion Fruit White Chocolate Ice-cream
- 500ml whole milk
- 125ml whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 110g caster sugar
- 2-3 passion fruit
- 100g white chocolate, cut into small chunks
- Heat milk, cream and vanilla in a heavy-based saucepan until at simmering point
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until pale and thick
- Slowly whisk hot milk mixture into the egg mix
- Clean the saucpan and return mixture to the heat, stirring constantly until thickened to a custard
- Pour custard into a heatproof bowl, cover and chill until cold
- Mix the custard with the passion fruit pulp and chocolate chunks, then pour into an ice-cream maker to churn until desired consistency is met.
This recipe originally appeared at Actually Mummy.